Working for Etherlive: Technical Support Placement
Etherlive is a leading event technology partner providing temporary and permanent IT services to the events industry. Etherlive deliver premium, reliable networking coupled with communications, connectivity, monitoring and interactive services.
Etherlive are the trusted supplier to production organisations who deliver events such as Bestival, Women’s Championship Golf (IMG), RHS Chelsea Flower Show and Royal Windsor Horse Show.
The organisations expertise is called upon for product launches by major international brands such as Sky and Amazon, along with media centre connectivity for critical events like the general election televised debates and during the London 2012 Olympics & Paralympics.
- Starting Summer 2019 (exact date TBC) finishing September 2020
- Reporting to Technical Deployment & Support Group Head of Department
- Qualification for company private healthcare scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company life insurance scheme
- 24 days annual holiday
- £16,000 annual salary
Etherlive have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support placement running from Summer 2019 until September 2020
The Technical Deployment and Support department are responsible for design, installation, support and removal of the technology which powers many of the largest and most prestigious UK events. Using a number of core systems engineering teams deploy routing, telephony, CCTV, switching and monitoring systems around outdoor and indoor sites.
The internship role will get to see the entire process of our event design, deployment, support and delivery.
Responsibilities include –
- Applying standard configuration to equipment according to design
- Troubleshooting technical issues within equipment and deployments (on site and remotely)
- Deploying systems on site as required. This will include weekend and evening work.
- Liaising with relevant departments to ensure that tight deadlines are met
- Managing and communicating with contractors and suppliers
- Producing documentation
Knowledge, skills and experience –
- Experience with networking systems
- IP networking experience
- Undertaking or recently completed a computer science degree, including networking modules.
- Be able to work as part of a team and independently
- Familiar with IT systems to include Microsoft Office
- Ability to quickly learn about new products and technologies
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Undertaking or recently completed a degree in a relevant discipline
- Professional attitude
- Have a positive and adaptable approach to problem solving
- Ability to work within process and structure
- Motivated and enthusiastic
Location of Work
This role is primarily based at the Wiltshire office (Royal Wootton Bassett) but some visits to customer sites are required.
Please send a covering letter with CV to email@example.com by the closing date of 14th December 2018