The strategic partnership, which includes aap³ becoming an investor in Etherlive, will see both companies maintaining their individual brands, businesses and operational management structure, with Etherlive continuing to be led by Chris Green and Tom McInerney, and aap³ by Rod Jackson.
As a result of the partnership the global footprint of each organisation has substantially increased, with a collective UK presence in Southampton, London, Glasgow and Brinkworth, Wiltshire – the latter soon to be relocating to a new, larger facility in Royal Wootton Bassett which will provide facilities to both Etherlive and aap³. This is alongside aap³’s existing US offices in North Carolina and California, with a third US office due to open later this year in Dallas, each of which will provide a springboard for Etherlive’s entrance into the US market.
The strategic partnership produces a combined turnover of over £32m ($50m) with over 650 staff worldwide, and will provide each business with access to a broader range of technical services and resources, engineering expertise and knowledge; with the wireless capabilities and expertise of both companies complimenting each other.
This footprint, combined with aap³’s strategic hubs of engineers and contractors spread across the US and EMEA, will provide both businesses with a huge pool of talent and resources, and enable both companies to provide additional services to their customers.
Moving forward, both companies will be working together on new technical solutions that will appeal to their respective customer bases, whilst further developing opportunities within their individual vertical markets.
Chris Green, Managing Director of Etherlive commented: “Technology continues to play an ever critical role at events and this strategic partnership enables Etherlive to not only meet this growing demand in the UK but also to address the increasingly global nature of events. The extensive technical knowledge and resource between the two companies will also facilitate a program of innovation for the events market.”
Rod Jackson, Chairman and CEO of aap³ commented on the strategic partnership: “We chose to invest in Etherlive due to the rapid growth the business has seen since its inception in 2007, and also the clear synergies between the two businesses. We’re very excited for what the future has to offer for this partnership.”
If publications would like to arrange interviews with Chris Green or Rod Jackson, or request further details please contact Sam Nickerson S.Nickerson@aap3.com
- Etherlive is one of the UK’s leading providers of IT and communications technology for the live event sector.
- Etherlive is a specialist in large-scale indoor & outdoor events with multi-faceted communications needs, as well as being a major supplier to the corporate, conference, exhibition and general events market.
- Etherlive partners to provide services for events such as G8 Summit, T in the Park, Green Man Festival, Goodwood Festival of Speed, Southampton Boat Show, London World Triathlon, Nokia, Amazon and Sony.
- Website: www.etherlive.co.uk
- Blog: www.etherlive.co.uk/blog
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/etherlive
- Head Office: Etherlive Limited, Brinkworth House, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 5DF
- Tel: 01666 800129