Working for Etherlive: Office Based Engineer Placement
Etherlive is a leading event technology partner providing temporary and permanent IT services to the events industry. Etherlive deliver premium, reliable networking coupled with communications, connectivity, monitoring and interactive services.
Etherlive are the trusted supplier to production organisations who deliver events such as T in the Park, Women’s Championship Golf (IMG), RHS Chelsea Flower Show and Royal Windsor Horse Show.
The organisations expertise is called upon for product launches by major international brands such as Sky and Amazon, along with media centre connectivity for critical events like the general election televised debates and during the London 2012 Olympics & Paralympics.
Starting May/June 2018
Period 12 months
Reporting to Operations Manager
Etherlive have an exciting opportunity for a Office Based Engineer placement student for the 2017/2018 period. The Office Based Engineers are responsible for providing telephony and remote support for live, building and permanent sites which require detailed troubleshooting.Using a number of core systems engineering teams monitor sites, support the on site engineers by identifying issues quickly and identify network design improvements and optimisations.
The placement role will get to see the entire process of our event design, deployment and, delivery.
Responsibilities include –
- Liaising with sites to identify and troubleshoot issues
- Reviewing deployments and identifying issues
- Engaging and managing client escalations remotely
- Liaising with relevant departments to ensure that tight deadlines are met
- Producing documentation
- Setting up remote systems
Knowledge, skills and experience –
- Be able to work as part of a team and independently
- Familiar with IT systems to include Microsoft Office
- Ability to quickly learn about new products and technologies
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Undertaking or recently completed a degree
- Professional attitude
- Have a positive and adaptable approach to problem solving
- Ability to work within process and structure
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- IP networking experience
- Undertaking or recently completed a computer science degree, including networking modules.
- Full UK Driving License
Location of Work
This role is based in the Wiltshire office (Royal Wootton Bassett)
Please send a covering letter with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 12th January 2018