Working for Etherlive: Operations Head of Department
Etherlive is a leading event technology partner providing temporary and permanent IT services to the events industry. Etherlive deliver temporary network systems including internet, Wi-Fi, telephony and engineer support.
Etherlive are the trusted supplier to production organisations who deliver events such as Barclaycard British Summer Time, Bestival, UEFA Champions League and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
The organisations expertise is called upon for product launches by major international brands such as PWC and Razer, along with media centre connectivity for critical events like the general election televised debates and during the London 2012 Olympics & Paralympics.
Starting January 2018, Full Time
Reporting to Tom McInerney, Director
This role is responsible for managing the Operations function within Etherlive which manages resource, transportation, equipment rental and connectivity.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic person with a high level of organisational skill and autonomous work ability.
The role is ideally suited to someone with a solid Operational background who has interest in technical systems. They should be able to manage smaller projects alongside their management responsibilities role modelling performance and execution.
The role requires a developed skill set including planning, communication, scheduling, stakeholder management, data handling and the ability to lead a diverse team.
Responsibilities include –
- Coordination and Supervision – Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of the operations function managing the team to deliver in excess of 300 events annually ranging from one day launches to festival builds which last several months.
- Financial – Review financial statements and data. Utilise financial data to improve profitability. Prepare and control operational budgets through project managers. Control equipment inventory.
- Resources – Plan the use of resources across projects. Organise recruitment and placement of required staff. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate safety and performance.
- Best Practices – Improve processes and policies in support of organisational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organisational policies and procedures to maximise output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Production – Coordinate and monitor the work of individuals in the department involved in event production and delivery, stock and warehousing, resourcing and distribution of personnel and kit. Monitor performance and implement improvements. Ensure consistent quality of service delivery. Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity. Manage maintenance of equipment and machinery. Provide technical support where necessary.
- Strategic Input – Liaison with senior management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
Knowledge, skills and experience –
- Degree in business administration, commerce, management, industrial technology or industrial engineering
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Established network of contacts within relevant industry
- Office Productivity tools such as Microsoft Office
- Solid English & maths skills
- Good spreadsheet skills
- Knowledge and experience in organisational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Industry relevant event logistics experience
- Leadership qualities
- Strong decision-making ability
- Able to deal with changing environment
- Adaptability / stress tolerance
- Good customer facing skills
- Negotiation / conflict management
- Attention to Detail
Location of Work
This role is primarily based at the Wiltshire office (Royal Wootton Bassett) but some visits to customer sites are required.
Please send a covering letter with CV to email@example.com by the closing date of 1st December 2017