Working for Etherlive: Production Technician
Etherlive delivers the technology behind some of the UK’s and Europe’s largest events including T in the Park, British Summer Time (Hyde Park) the Bristol Balloon Fiesta and the Americas Cup. With headquarters in Wiltshire and offices in London, Etherlive provides the key technologies that events need to operate.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Etherlive and work at a range of exciting events across the UK and Europe designing, deploying and supporting the technical solutions that enable the events to operate. This is a hands-on, broad ranging technical role which will require periods spent on event sites working as part of the core event team in a dynamic and highly rewarding role.
Based in modern offices in North Wiltshire we are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic person to work as a Technical Engineer within the Technical Deployment and Support group. The role is ideally suited to someone with a solid on site experience working on temporary events. Whilst a background in networking is preferable a keen willingness to learn is essential. Full training will be provided. The remit of the role includes:
Responsible for the technical delivery of IT deployments within the temporary event market.
- Design, configure and deploy network solutions in a variety of temporary locations
- Maintain and create technical documentation where necessary
- Liaise with remote technical teams for support and configuration guidance
- Support customer devices during live events
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated and outgoing
- Be commercially aware and customer-focused
- Have a positive and adaptable approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate innovative and creative thinking
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have excellent communication/influencing and negotiation skills
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong background in working on event sites
- Good general knowledge of IT systems and equipment
- Previous networking experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Must be keen to gain experience and learn new skills
Location of Position
This role is based in the Wiltshire office (Royal Wootton Bassett)
Typically 37.5 hours a week but customer projects (on or off site) will require a flexible approach and travel.
Please send a covering letter with CV to email@example.com
All candidates should have the following
- Valid UK work visa
Closing Date : Monday, 14th March