Working for Etherlive: Technical Engineer
Etherlive delivers the technology behind UK and Europe’s largest events including T in the Park, British Summer Time (Hyde Park) Bristol Balloon Fiesta and Goodwood Festival of Speed. With headquarters in Wiltshire and offices London Etherlive provides the key technologies that events need to operate.
Role is suitable for casual workers, interns and fixed term candidates
Field Technicians support sites for the duration of build, live and break helping configure and install equipment under the guidance of technical leads. Working as part of a team technical field engineers perform key roles such as installation, customer support, troubleshooting, configuration, systems architecture and consulting.
Roles are always site based which means working from accommodation in the local area returning to site each day (transport provided) working with the team.
Location of Work
Field Technicians are required to work from site for durations of up to 1 month. Whilst on site field engineers have accommodation and catering provided.
Field Technicians work closely with the technical lead to deploy and support equipment as required. A number of factors can effect working periods including weather, build periods and partner requirements. A typical day during build is 10 hours, 12 during live.
Skills and qualities
- Must have detailed understanding of some or all of the following:
- IP networks (including routing and virtual networks) with demonstrable experience
- Knowledge of VoIP, SIP protocols and open source PBX technologies
- Significant experience with Windows, Linux, Mac operating systems
- Desirable experience:
- Strong team member
- Diagnosis of issues and explanation to non-technical customers
- Wireless networking experience
- On track for a 2:1 in a technology-orientated degree or relevant industry experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing customers in pressurised situations
- Understanding of events industry
Please send a covering letter with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All candidates should have the following
- Full UK driving licence with less than 6 points and access to a vehicle (where vehicle access is not available we will look at alternative transportation where possible)
- Valid UK work visa
- Able to work away from home for extended periods if necessary (up to 1 month typically)
- Understanding of unsociable working hours that are necessary in the events industry