**Press information for release 25th October 2011**
Etherlive via satellite
Etherlive, the progressive technology company for the live events industry has launched its latest development for the sector.
Etherlive’s new KA band satellite equipment will facilitate a far quicker set up of internet connectivity at events across the UK and Europe. Ideal for one day and pop up events, where speed of build is of the essence, the new equipment will provide download speeds of up to 10 Mbps.
A growing reliance on high-speed internet connectivity at events led Etherlive to invest in the equipment, which can be set up in less than 30 minutes. Using a 1.2 metre diameter dish, which needs southern facing sky, the dish communicates with geostationary satellites located in orbit approximately 36,000 kilometres above the equator. The dish comes with pre-fetch technology, thereby reducing the load time of websites and enabling users to receive real time information. The satellite internet connectivity can connect a network which may be used by press, production crews and exhibitors alike.
Etherlive are at the forefront of technology for the live events sector with a roster of notable clients including Southampton Boat Show, the Goodwood Estate, WOMAD and Sky. Etherlive have also scooped the coveted IT contract for the London Media Centre, which will facilitate thousands of journalists during the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Tom McInerney, Director at Etherlive said: “Satellite technology has matured to a state where it can now meet the demands of the event sector especially as it prepare for a critical year. We see many customers will need to be highly flexible with their customers and to meet that demand we have invested in satellite internet.
– Ends –
For further information / pictures, please contact – Triggerfish Communications 020 7233 9700
Notes to editors:
- Etherlive is one of the UK’s leading providers of IT and communications technology for the live event sector.
- Etherlive is a specialist in large-scale indoor & outdoor events with multi-faceted communications needs, as well as being a major supplier to the corporate conference and events market.
- Etherlive partners to provide services for WOMAD festival, The Green Man Festival, Goodwood Festival of Speed, South West Four, Cornbury Festival, Southampton Boat Show, London World Triathlon, Nokia, Amazon and Sony.
- Website: www.etherlive.co.uk
- Blog: www.etherlive.co.uk/blog
- Twitter: @etherlive
- Etherlive Limited, Brinkworth House, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 4HQ
- Tel: 01666 511862